Our online media kit provides basic information including RMHCDC program overviews and financial information. If you would like more details regarding RMHCDC, please download the RMHCDC Press Kit or contact Sarah Quillen at (202) 424-2708 or email SQuillen@rmhcdc.org.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, DC (RMHCDC)
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, DC, a non-profit, 501 (C) (3), eases the hardship of children’s illness on families through programs that directly improve the health and wellbeing of children. Through its three core programs: two Ronald McDonald Houses®, three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms®, and two Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles®; RMHCDC keeps families with sick children together and close to the medical care their child needs at leading local hospitals. RMHCDC programs not only provide access to quality health care, they enable family-centered care ensuring families are fully supported and actively involved in their children’s care. For more information, visit rmhcdc.org.
Did You Know?
How far your help goes...
- In 2018, our two Ronald McDonald Houses provided 9,423 nights of lodging to 884 family members.
- Last year, our Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles provided 4,254 patient visits to underserved children in Washington, DC’s poorest neighborhoods.
- A small staff of 32 full and part-time employees served our families 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Why Sponsor a Family?
- The actual cost of a family’s one-night stay at our Ronald McDonald Houses is $197; but
RMHCDC only asks families to donate $15 a night for their stay.
- 58% of these families cannot afford the $15 per night fee. No family is ever turned away due to inability to pay.