A little can change a lot. Every donation matters.
Please donate online today.
Why your gift matters
Donations can be made in three ways:
1. Credit Card: You have the option of making a one-time donation via your credit card, or an automatic monthly donation, online or over the phone. To donate by credit card over the phone, please call our Victoria Meyer at (703) 698-7080 ext. 220.
2. Check: Make checks payable to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Washington, DC and mail to: Ronald McDonald House, 3312 Gallows Road, Falls Church, VA 22042.
3. Donor Advised Funds: A donor advised fund (DAF) is a charitable giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to support your favorite charities. An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAFs are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals. If you have a donor advised fund, DAF Direct enables you to recommend grants to Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, DC, directly from your DAF (as long as your DAF's sponsoring organization is participating).
How does it work?
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program.
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax free).
- Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice.
What are the main advantages of a donor-advised fund?
Simplicity – The DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
Flexibility – Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
Tax-efficiency – Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
Family legacy – A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
No start-up costs – There is no cost to establish a donor-advised fund. However, there are often minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF (typically $5,000 or more).**
No transaction fees – Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified public charity of choice.**
Privacy if desired – Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
** Sponsoring organizations generally assess an administrative fee on the assets in a DAF. These fees vary by sponsoring organization.
Want to Maximize your Donations?
Check with your company to see if they have a Matching Gift program! 65% of Fortune 500 companies offer a matching gift program - it's a simple way to make your donation go farther. Ask your company if they have a Matching Gift program, today! It’s as easy as that to extend your reach and help even more families and children.
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, DC is a 501(c) (3) charitable organization and contributions may be tax-deductible to the fullest extent allow by law. Please consult your tax adviser. A financial statement is available on request from the Virginia State Division of Consumer Affairs, the Maryland Secretary of State, or directly from Ronald McDonald house Charities® of Greater Washington, DC.