Raise Office Morale and Money for Charity
Looking for a fun way to do some office team building? Would your office like to give back to the community? There are several easy ways to achieve both at the same time!
Here are some examples of how you can boost the feel-good in your office and bring comfort and support to families of seriously ill children at RMHC DC:
Pop Tab Challenge
Collecting pop tabs is a great way to be green and raise funds to help children.
- Designate a clean container for collection.
- Send an e-mail to co-workers and post flyers in the break room and on the soda machine.
- Set a goal or create a challenge between two or more departments/schools/offices. Choose an incentive for the winning team like a pizza party. Creative groups in the past have made a "Tabby" award with a little silver paint and card board!
- Share your challenge through social media to get customers involved and make them aware of the great way you're supporting our charity. Tag us so we can share, too!
- Drop off at the DC House or the Northern VA House any day of the week from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Below, find some materials to help you get started with "Pulling for the House!" Contact Rachel at Rachel@rmhcdc.org for more information.
Do you have offices in different cities? It's easy and fun to bring them together with a more competitive challenge.
- Decide on the goal. Here are some examples of competitions local organizations had to support RMHCDC:
- Two volunteers go in dunk tanks at the company picnic and co-workers pay for "throws" to try to dunk them. All proceeds from the throws goes to RMHCDC.
- Winners of the Pop Tab Challenge (see above) get their car washed by the losers.
- Employees pay as many times as they want to vote on which executive will dress like a clown for the day. All proceeds from the votes goes to RMHCDC.
- Teams try to beat the clock while building furniture. All furniture is donated to RMHCDC.
- Contact Kristen at Julie@rmhcdc.org to let her know you're doing an office benefit.
- Send an e-mail and post flyers to get everyone involved.
- Share your competition through social media to get customers involved and make them aware of the great way you're supporting our charity. Tag us so we can share, too!
- Drop off or mail to our Washington, DC or Northern Virginia Ronald McDonald Houses.
Be Guest Chefs
Groups of ten or less are welcome to set up a time to come in and cook a meal for families staying in our Houses. This is a comforting way to show your support for families that are miles from home and need a home-cooked meal.
- Find a good date for your group.
- Decide on breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- To cook at the Ronald McDonald House of Northern VA, call us at 703-698-7080.
- To cook at the Ronald McDonald House of Washington, DC call us at 202-529-8204.
- Fill out the event agreement form the House Manager will send you to secure your date to volunteer.
- Take pictures and share your volunteer service through social media to let customers know how you're supporting our charity. Tag us so we can share, too!
Thanks for visiting! We hope you're walking away with some great ideas and realize how easy it can be to use your team building time as an opportunity to give back to the community. When in doubt, give us a call for some help and ideas!