Job Opening: Finance Assistant
JOB TITLE: Finance Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, full-time
REPORTS TO: Senior Finance Manager
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, D.C. (RMHCDC) has been serving families in the Greater Washington, D.C. area for over 40 years. Our mission is to ease the hardship of children’s illness on families. We do this through three core programs (Ronald McDonald House®, Ronald McDonald Family Room®, Ronald McDonald Care Mobile®) that focus on the critical needs of children, celebrating the diversity of the donors who make them possible, staying true to our heritage of responsible stewardship, and operating with accountability and transparency.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, ensuring accurate data entry in financial and donor database systems, and supporting the Senior Finance Manager in the day-to-day accounting functions of the organization.
Success in this position will require fitting into the culture of RMHCDC. This will require a passion for the mission of the organization and for the families it serves. It will require the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, with a variety of stakeholders who support and help the organization. RMHCDC staff demonstrate a “can do” attitude and willingness to go the extra mile. We pride ourselves on our ability to adapt to changing circumstances and have a customer service approach to all we do.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Process accounts payable using Bill.com – upload and route invoices, assign approvers, ensure proper coding, resolve errors.
- Enter cash receipts, manual checks, petty cash transactions, donations in Neon CRM.
- Code and deposit revenue checks and cash.
- Monitor transfer of revenue from outside portals (Paypal) to bank accounts as needed.
- Track W-9 forms and contact vendors for updates as needed.
- Maintain credentials for all relevant sites, workplace giving, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage all operations of the customer management database, including but not limited to routine data entry of all donation and finance information, liaising with the Development and Marketing team as needed to ensure accurate records.
- Perform file imports and exports from donor database to financial systems as necessary.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Finance Manager, determine and maintain user access and permission level.
- Provide internal support to all database users, including training and technical assistance.
- Ensure integrity of filing and retention of acknowledgements, donation information and adhere to proper recordkeeping guidelines.
- Troubleshoot gift processing issues such as online credit cards or merchant account issues.
- All tasks related to donation and acknowledgement processing to ensure all donors receive a timely, federally compliant acknowledgement/receipt based on gift type;
- Respond to donor inquiries by phone and email and enter donor requests as needed in database; follow-up with donors when necessary;
- Other duties as assigned
- Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently. Makes accuracy a priority.
- Computer/Technology: High degree of computer literacy. Quickly adapts to new technology and easily acquires new technical skills.
- Problem Solver: Takes initiative, able to multi-task and come up with solutions. Comfortable in a flexible, team-oriented environment.
- Communication Skills: Uses language effectively in order to gather information and facilitate the exchange of ideas that yield results. Writes and speaks clearly, concisely, logically and free of grammatical errors. Presents a positive image of RMHCDC in all communications.
Required Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Organized and detail-oriented, with exceptional attention to detail/accuracy
- High degree of computer literacy and willingness to learn new systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires:
- Sitting at a desk for long hours, within a temperature controlled indoor office setting
- Spending long hours in front of a computer screen
- Frequent use of hands and arms to use office equipment, telephone, computer
- Occasional need to lift and move supplies up to 30 lbs.
- Kneeling/stooping as needed to straighten the office or put supplies away
- Talking and listening to individuals and small groups is a major component of the role
RMHCDC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran status.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.