We are posting for a part-time House Maintenance Assistant to work primarily out of the Ronald McDonald House of Washington, DC. Interested parties, please submit your resume to HR@rmhcdc.org.
JOB TITLE: House Maintenance Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt; Part-time, up to 20 hours/week
REPORTS TO: House Manager, DC House
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, D.C. (RMHCDC) has been serving families in the Greater Washington, D.C. area for 35 years. Our mission is to ease the hardship of children’s illness on families. We do this through three core programs (RM Houses, RM Family Rooms, RM Care Mobiles) that focus on the critical needs of children, celebrating the diversity of the donors who make them possible, staying true to our heritage of responsible stewardship, and operating with accountability and transparency.
This position requires general “handyman” skills and an interest in helping out where needed, primarily at our Washington, DC house. The successful candidate will embody self-motivation, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude when it comes to ensuring our house is in the best shape possible for the families that come to stay with us.
Success in this position will require fitting into the culture of Ronald McDonald House Charities. This will require a passion for the mission of the organization and for the families it serves. It will require the ability to work with a variety of volunteers, including board members, who support and help the organization. It will also require sensitivity to the needs and passions of a diverse staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall handyman services to the Washington, DC house. This includes, but is not limited to: minor plumbing repairs, painting, wall patch/repairs, yardwork, carpet cleaning, etc.
- Oversee general contractors, as needed, for major work and repairs.
- Organize and manage the storage of donations and supplies.
- Utilize the RMHCDC van to pick up supplies or make deliveries in the local Metro DC area
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Self-starter who is able to work effectively without direct supervision or guidance
- Projects a positive demeanor
- Works as a competent member of the team, willing to go the extra mile
Experience, Work Conditions, & Physical Requirements:
- Experience with general home maintenance and upkeep
- Must be in good health and able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Must be able to work on feet the majority of the shift without tiring
- Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, bend, squat and sit, and twist/turn