JOB TITLE: Ronald McDonald Family Room Program Manager
FLSA STATUS:Exempt; Full-time
REPORTS TO:VP, Program & Operations
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, D.C. (RMHCDC) has been serving families in the Greater Washington, D.C. area for over 35 years. Our mission is to ease the hardship of children’s illness on families. We do this through three core programs (RM Houses, RM Family Rooms, RM Care Mobiles) that focus on the critical needs of children, celebrating the diversity of the donors who make them possible, staying true to our heritage of responsible stewardship, and operating with accountability and transparency.
The Family Room Program Manager oversees the staff and operations of three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms located at Inova Children’s Hospital and Children’s National Medical Center. Reporting to the VP, Program & Operations, the Manager serves as a liaison between RMHCDC and the hospitals, and establishes program policies and procedures to ensure the rooms run smoothly and provide a place of respite for the families we serve.
The Family Rooms operate 12 hours per day, 7 days per week, so the Manager must be available to staff and volunteers before/after their regular working hours if an issue or emergency arises.
Success in this position will require fitting into the culture of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Washington, DC. This will require a passion for the mission of the organization and for the families it serves. It will require the ability to work with a variety of volunteers, including board members, who support and help the organization. It will also require sensitivity to the needs and passions of a diverse staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire, supervise and train all Family Room PT staff and relief positions; ;
- Regularly travel between the two and two Ronald McDonald Houses (located in N. VA and DC) to deliver supplies, meet with staff, and attend meetings;
- Update, as needed, and enforce Family Room policies;
- Ensure physical spaces are maintained and refreshed as needed, to include the coordination of any contractor work;
- Manage the inventory of room supplies and ensure delivery to each room on a regular basis;
- Monitor volunteer programs and daily room coverage and provide backup/relief coverage as needed;
- Monitor hospitality cart programs;
- Evaluate in-room programming and work to expand offerings throughout the year;
- Solicit in-kind donations and room sponsorships to help offset costs;
- Function as liaison with other hospital departments and attend meetings as needed;
- Maintain room usage and other data for reporting purposes;
- Assist with annual budget process;
- Assist with special events in Family Rooms as needed;
- Provide regular updates to VP, Program & Operations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dependable and flexible, able to demonstrate initiative and work with minimum oversight.
- Detailed, organized, and self-motivated.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and remain calm in hectic situations.
- Displays high integrity and honesty.
- Maintain positive relationships with hospital staff, board members, donors and other stakeholders.
- Tactful and diplomatic in high stress situations.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Approaches new ideas and challenges with an open mind and the ability to see things from other’s perspectives.
- Perseveres through challenges with a positive outlook and adaptability.
- Part-time Family Room staff
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Willingness and ability to travel between Family Rooms and houses located in Northern Virginia and Washington, DC.; Must have access to a vehicle for transporting supplies.
- Experience working with children and families of diverse backgrounds and families in crisis.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to be on-call and available to Family Room staff 12 hours per day, 7 days/week
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift and move boxes up to 25lbs, move/rearrange furniture, carry supplies, etc.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resumé to HR@rmhcdc.org. Resumés without a cover letter will not be considered.
RMHCDC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran status.