Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, DC (RMHCDC) addresses the most urgent needs of our community – Children’s Health.
The Problem and Our Purpose:
Faced with a child’s illness life stops overnight and parents enter a world of fear and worry. For parents who don’t live close to the medical care their child needs, there’s an added stress - Distance. Most families have to travel hours for treatment. Living expenses quickly add up. Long drives, lost jobs, worried siblings, sleeping in cars. Being far from family and friends. These are extra burdens no family should have to experience. Help even more families stay close through the biggest challenge of their lives. Together, we can do big things.
While RMHCDC cannot make medicine taste better or take away painful treatments, we can help lessen the burden and ensure thousands of families a year have the stability and resources they need to keep their child healthy and happy. We believe that an oasis of comfort in a sea of chaos is as powerful as any medication. We believe that a home is more than four walls and a roof over your head. It is the intangible magic that transpires in moments shared together. We believe in building a global community that finds strength, hope and courage in embracing healing as a joyous experience.
For more information, contact Julie Lowe, Director of Marketing and Community Engagement at Julie@rmhcdc.org or download the RMHCDC Press Kit.
Ronald McDonald Family Room® at Children's National Medical Center
111 Michigan Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20010
Phone: (202) 476-4205
Ronald McDonald Family Room® at Inova Children's Hospital
3300 Gallows Rd., Falls Church, VA 22042
Phone: (703) 776-8060
KIDS Mobile Medical Clinic/Ronald McDonald Care Mobile®
serving Southeast Washington, DC Wards 4-8
Phone: (202) 444-8888
Ronald McDonald Care Mobile® home of the FITNESS program
serving Washington, DC public schools
Phone: (202) 444-8888
Mission and Core Values: Guiding us in our mission to ease the hardship of children’s illness on families through programs that directly improve the health and wellbeing of children are our Core Values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence (I-CARE).
- We operate with integrity and honor. Our actions are always in keeping with what is best for the organization, families and staff- and not our personal feelings or preferences.
- We are consistently trustworthy and reliable, and are good stewards of our resources.
- We own up to our mistakes. When wrong, we apologize and work to fix the problem.
- We actively seek to understand, sympathize with, and alleviate the distress of others.
- We show love and compassion to those with whom we work and serve each day, and rejoice when their needs are met.
- We see the good in every person and interact with kindness, grace, and enthusiastic encouragement.
- We are a people-focused organization; we never forget that our mission is to serve families in need.
- We sustain our culture of being trustworthy, dependable, and principled through active cooperation and authentic, open communication.
- We acknowledge that, in return for support, we owe honesty, transparency, and accountability to our community, our co-workers, and our customers.
- We keep our promises, uphold our commitments, and take full responsibility for our actions.
- We believe that everyone deserves respect, courtesy, kindness and consideration.
- We respect and welcome others’ viewpoints, strengths and differences, and celebrate our diversity.
- Our approach to our work will be collaborative, thoughtful and inclusive.
- We ensure that everyone is heard, demonstrating tolerance and fairness in all of our actions.
- We strive for excellence in everything we do, holding ourselves to the highest standards and constantly seeking ways to improve and expand our services.
- We provide something “extra” whenever possible. We strive to exceed our own and others’ expectations, and never say “That’s not my job”.
- We are one unified team. We work as one to achieve the mission of RMHCDC and serve the needs of the organization, the families and each other.