Ways To Give
14 Ways You Can Make a Difference in the Lives of Seriously Ill Children and Their Families.
We keep families close because togetherness empowers well-being. You can help. Click the link to learn more.
2. Volunteer: Volunteers are critical to our success in serving the families who need us. Come for a regular shift, sign up your group, or come in to cook a meal.
3. Hold a Wish List Drive: Hundreds of families come through our doors each year and, as you can imagine, our supplies of laundry detergent, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and other necessities and comforts dwindle quickly. Help keep us stocked up with a Wish List Drive!
4. Give at Work: Give the gift of hope and health from your desk by designating our United Way number #9050, CFC #15005, DC One Fund #9050, MCC #52-11132262 or by writing in Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Washington, DC on your pledge card.
5. Donate your vehicle: Making a donation is simple and costs you nothing, vehicle pick-up is free, and you get a tax deduction, all while helping families when they need it most! Find out more at www.OneCarHelpsRMHC.com.
6. Caring Partners:Ideal for organizations that want an ongoing relationship with RMHCDC becoming a Caring Partner offers a way to give back throughout the year, sponsor a room for a family, and enjoy additional recognition at events.
7. Come to our events: Working together, we can make a difference in the lives of children. RMHCDC special events, like the Red Shoe 5k Run & Walk, are not only fun, but are a major source of funding. Your generous support and hard work really pays off when you join us as a sponsor, participant, or volunteer.
8. Hold your own event: Share your commitment to lift children and families to a better tomorrow by hosting a benefit for RMHCDC. Ideas include: Bowl-A-Thon, asking for donations in lieu of birthday presents, or a golf tournament. For more inspiration, read our Fundraiser Ideas!
9. Join the Loyal Hearts Society: We invite you to become a member of our Loyal Hearts Society, a giving society whose members are active partners in the growth of our Ronald McDonald House Charities programs through contributions of $1,000 or more annually.
10. Legacy Planning: Many of our supporters choose to support our future through planned gifts. Unlike cash donations, planned gifts are typically made from assets in your estate rather than from disposable income, and may come to fruition after your lifetime. Even people of modest means can make a difference in the lives of children by planning a gift. Find out more.
14. Stop in at your local McDonald's: Little by little, we can do a lot. The RMHC Donation Boxes are one of our biggest ongoing fundraisers. It’s from people like you filling the Donation Boxes with nickels, dimes and quarters.