MAKE A GIFT
Your donations do everything from putting a roof over parents’ heads while their child is staying in a nearby hospital to providing free health care to an under-served neighborhood in DC.
Three Ways to Donate:
- Credit Card: You have the option of making a one-time donation via your credit card, or an automatic monthly donation, online or over the phone. To donate by credit card over the phone, please call Victoria Meyer at (571) 369-5204.
- Check: If you prefer to mail your donation, please complete our Donation Form and mail it to Ronald McDonald House, 3312 Gallows Road, Falls Church, VA 22042 with your check made payable to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Washington, DC.
- Donor Advised Funds: A donor advised fund (DAF) is a charitable giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to support your favorite causes. If you have a donor advised fund, DAF Direct enables you to recommend grants to Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, DC, directly from your DAF (as long as your DAF’s sponsoring organization is participating).
How Does DAF Work?
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program.
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax free).
- Recommend grants to the charities you support, with the option of being recognized or remaining anonymous.
What are the Main Advantages of a Donor-Advised Fund?
- Simplicity: The DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility: Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax-efficiency: Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
- Family legacy: A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No start-up costs: There is no cost to establish a donor-advised fund. However, there are often minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF (typically $5,000 or more).**
- No transaction fees: Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified public charity of choice.**
- Privacy if desired: Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
** Sponsoring organizations generally assess an administrative fee on the assets in a DAF. These fees vary by sponsoring organization.
Check with your company to see if they have a Matching Gift program. 65% of Fortune 500 companies offer a matching gift program – it’s a simple way to make your donation go farther. It’s as easy as that to extend your reach and help even more families and children.
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Greater Washington, DC is a 501(c) (3) charitable organization and contributions may be tax-deductible to the fullest extent allow by law. Please consult your tax adviser. A financial statement is available on request from the Virginia State Division of Consumer Affairs, the Maryland Secretary of State, or directly from Ronald McDonald house Charities® of Greater Washington, DC.
Manage Your Donations
Click here to login to your account and access your donation history, register for an event, update your profile, and more.