The Red Shoe 5k is back on Sunday, October 3rd with options for in-person AND Virtual registration!
We continue to monitor local, state and federal guidelines surrounding group gatherings.
To provide a safe and fun event for all, we have made some changes to the layout of this year’s 5k. This includes assigning participants to small wave groups to allow for increased social distancing, sanitization of high touch points and kid’s activities, and offering free transfers of in-person registration to virtual registration. Bull Run Special Events Center is a large space allowing us the ability to adequately socially distance our activities, events, and food trucks.
We will rely on each participant to conduct themselves with best practices during the global pandemic, including practical physical distancing, avoiding handshakes and high-fives, wearing facemasks, staying home if you feel unwell, etc. Please only attend the in-person event if you have been vaccinated.
We will continue to monitor local and federal guidelines around outdoor events and make updates, as appropriate.
Protect yourself, your family, and our community:
- We ask that only vaccinated individuals attend the in-person 5k.
- Read our FAQs to understand the enhanced safety measures we have implemented for your protection.
- Face masks are encouraged.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- If you would like to change your in-person registration to a virtual registration, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, September 28th.
Learn how we’re taking precautions to protect the health and safety of our participants: 2021 5k FAQ [PDF: 298 KB]